The resumption of competition and physical contact is permitted on the field of play (including training) when following the approved Industry COVID Safe Plan – Field Sports (Version 4).
All Touch Football activities must adhere to strict physical distancing measures of 1.5m off the field of play and follow appropriate hygiene practices.
All participants, officials, spectators and anyone else who attends the venue must be tracked and traced.
‘Get in. Play. Get Out’.
- Participants to arrive at the venue ready to play and then leave.
- No congregating before or after training/games.
All amenities must be cleaned frequently and be consistent with the Work Heath and Safety during COVID-19: Guide to keeping your workplace safe, clean and health.
Industry Framework for COVID Safe Events
For sporting organisations, events can be defined as those that fall outside of regular competition structure/fixture (e.g. carnivals, championships, gala days, large scale events etc.)Resumption of event activities should align with the whole of Government Industry Framework for COVID Safe Events and the Industry COVID Safe Plan – Field Sports.
Organisations must ensure the relevant approvals are in place for events.
• Fewer than 500 people – no Queensland Health approval needed when following a COVID Safe Event Checklist.
• 500 to 10,000 people – need a COVID Safe Event Plan approved by local Public Health units.
• Over 10,000 people – need a COVID Safe Event Plan approved by the Queensland Chief Health Officer.
In addition to physical distancing, santisation, hygiene and contact tracing requirements.
More information? Visit the QTF website: qldtouch.com.au/return-to-touch-football/